Hello BAGRS Roving Garden Railway volunteers,
Next Wednesday, December 8, 9AM, weather permitting, we will start applying Bragdon's resin rocks to the 10' trailer sides. Please go to the link below to do some reading homework so the whole, very complicated, procedure isn't a complete mystery. There is a lot of reading on the steps, videos to view and a list of materials.
For thorough instructions and a complete list of stuff we need.
Edward is donating a quart kit of resin and other supplies that come with the kit and I am donating everything else but what's on the list below. Unfortunately, we have no funds left to buy some of the materials needed so we will have to work with what we have. I am asking you to look through your cupboards and donate anything from the list that you can spare.
2. Cast Satin™, white, odorless polymer casting resin. - Bragdon Enterprises.
4. Petroleum jelly (grocer) or mold release from TAP plastics, or silicon spray- grocer or hardware store
5. White gloss spray lacquer - hardware or paint supply.
6. Plastic drop cloth or tarp - hardware or paint supply.
7. 3/16” thick poly bubble wrap in sheet or roll - packaging supply.
8. Fiberglass bug screen - hardware supply.
11. Disposable gloves - paint store
12. Stir sticks or plastic spoons - grocer.
13. 1 oz. plastic measured disposable cups. - restaurant or party supply.
18. Hot glue type glue sticks - Bragdon Ent., hardware or craft supply.
22. Black powdered tempera paint. - art supply.
23. Rubbing alcohol (optional) - grocer.
This will be the first of several such clinics, so if you want to make it to another let me know and I'll try to schedule you into a date that's good for you, but come to work, not just watch. Lunch around noon.
Rain date is Thursday, Dec. 9 and the following Wednesday if Thursday is also a wash. I'll send updates. Email me if you want to get on the list. email@example.com